Deskalot pays a lot of attention to the protection of the privacy with regard to the processing of personal data from anyone who uses any tool of Deskalot (the site, the platform, …). This is done under the European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016, better known as GDPR.
What principles do we observe?
We always ensure that the requested and/or communicated personal data are sufficient, accurate (and, if necessary, updated), relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they were collected. We also guarantee transparency, compliance with legal provisions, confidentiality, an appropriate level of security and above all respect for your rights.
Who is this privacy statement intended for?
Our privacy statement applies to any processing of personal data by DeskalotIt applies to all Users of Deskalot: visitors of the website, members of the deskalot community, the online platform and the related applications or functionalities.
Who is responsible for the processing?
Deskalot is responsible for the data processing that are being carried out by Deskalot. For the cases where Deskalot is considered a data processor a processing agreement will be conducted to ensure that the data is only collected and processed in accordance with the customer's instructions.
What personal data does Deskalot process?
Personal data is any information relating to a natural person by means of which that person can be identified or is identifiable. They belong to that person.The processed data are grouped in different categories:• Identification data: by which you can be identified such as your surname, first name, user name or number, ...• Financial data: required in the context of certain payment services or enabling the payment of sums due to you, such as bank account, outstanding balances, etc.• Contact details: enabling us to communicate with you such as your telephone number, your address, your e-mail address, ...
• Login data: information collected when using web services and applications for securing these online tools or for your user experience such as user name, IP address, language preference, ...• Data you provide via an online form: such as when you register for a training course, a newsletter.
On what legal basis are your personal data processed?
We rely on the following legal bases for processing your data:• to comply with one of our legal obligations• to comply with one of our contractual or pre-contractual obligations• to pursue a legitimate interest of Deskalot (always in balance with your own interests)• when you have given your consent.
For what purposes do we process your data?
• To comply with legal or contractual obligations: To provide certain services, Deskalot needs to process personal data to comply with their legal obligations or contractual obligations• To answer the question of why you sent them to us: Your data may be used to:o provide you with the requested serviceso provide you with the answer to the question you asked via a contact formo send you an e-mail to download a brochure or a white paper• To promote our services:• Deskalot uses personal data to:o send customers information about other related or complementary products and services offered by Deskalot or its partnerso send information to prospects about the products and services of Deskalot or services and products offered on the platform of Deskalot. o send invitations for events • Improve and evaluate our services: • Your data may be used for:o customer surveys, market researcho analyses of surfing behaviour in order to optimise our website or portals• Personalize the use of our tools: Depending on your use and preferences, your data may be used to provide you with tailored portals, websites and applications.• To ensure an appropriate level of security:• Deskalot uses your personal data as part of the implementation of its security procedures, particularly in relation to the detection of malicious or unauthorized activities.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Your data will be kept for as long as:• required for the purposes for which they are collected and processed.• they are relevant in order to fulfil our legal, contractual and judicial obligations and to comply with our commercial and operational activities
These retention periods will therefore vary according to the nature of the service provided.
Will your data be passed on to third parties?
We may be required to transfer your personal data:• By creating a profile on the deskalot platform, the user agrees that the contact details will be communicated to other Users (non processors) of Deskalot to effectuate the goals of Deskalot as a platform; offering and booking flexible workplaces, meeting rooms, …
• in case of a legal obligation: for certain services Deskalot is obliged to pass on information to official bodies. This is subject to clear and well-defined procedures.• If necessary for the provision of the services concerned: It may happen that a processor is entrusted with all or part of a processing operation. He may only act on the instructions of Deskalot and may not use your information for his own purposes.• These principles are set out in the processing agreement that the processor must sign to process data on behalf of Deskalot.• Within Deskalot: to offer you a range of services that complement and are consistent with the processing we already carry out for you.• If you have given us your express consent
We do not sell your personal data to third parties.We apply the European regulations with regard to the international transfer of personal data.
What does Deskalot do to protect your data?
Every day Deskalot applies a series of measures that must guarantee the protection of the data, such as:• awareness of the personnel with regard to the observance of its contractual confidentiality engagement.• security of physical accesses.• security on hardware level:o servers are updated regularly.o firewalls based on a multi-level model block unauthorized traffic.o access management: distinction between network access and access to applications. The collaborators have access to the applications depending on the needs of their work and the needs of the service. This is translated in an internal policy that must be observed.
Internal: rights and accesses can only be modified with the consent of the responsible persons and with observance of the relevant procedures. • secured data transport: all the data traffic via the internet is encrypted according to the current market standards.• protection against viruses and internet access: both the servers and the desktops and laptops are secured with the necessary anti-virus software.• guaranteeing business continuity through a multiple back-up policy.
What are your rights and what do you need to do to exercise them?
• Right of consultation
You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you.To submit your request, please send an email to email@example.com We will provide you with the requested information within one month after receiving your request.Depending on the complexity of the requests and the number of requests, this time limit may be extended by a further 2 months if necessary. We will then notify you of this extension within one month of receiving the request.In the event of repetitive requests, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee based on their administrative costs.
• Right of rectification
If you state that your personal data:• are incorrect• are incompletethen you have the right to have them rectified or completed.To submit your request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Indicate clearly which data must be changed or completed.
• Right to deletion of data ('right to be forgotten')
You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data.To submit your request, please send an email to email@example.com Clearly state the reason for your request.This right to data erasure is not absolute and does not apply where the processing is necessary to fulfil a legal or contractual obligation.
• The right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your data in the following cases:• You dispute the accuracy of your data and we need time to verify the accuracy of your personal data;• The processing is unlawful and you do not want your personal data be erased but their use be restricted;To submit your request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Clearly state the reason for your request.
• Right to data transferability
You have the right to obtain your personal data which have been processed by Deskalot in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.This applies only to data of which the processing is based on consent or on a contract and provided that the processing is carried out by automated processes.To submit your request, please send an email to email@example.com Clearly state the reason for your request.In any case the right to erasure remains possible.
• Right to object
On grounds relating to your particular situation, you shall have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data, but only if such processing finds its legal basis in a legitimate interest. There is no right to object to data processed under an agreement or legal obligations.To submit your request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Clearly state the reason for your request.
• Right to lodge a complaint
You shall have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, if you consider that the processing of your personal data by Deskalot infringes the GDPR.The supervisory authority is the Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel. +32 (0)2 274 48 00, website: www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be.
We always ensure that the requested and/or communicated personal data are sufficient, accurate (and, if necessary, updated), relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they were collected.
We also guarantee transparency, compliance with legal provisions, confidentiality, an appropriate level of security and above all respect for your rights.
Our privacy statement applies to any processing of personal data by Deskalot
It applies to all Users of Deskalot: visitors of the website, members of the deskalot community, the online platform and the related applications or functionalities.
On grounds relating to your particular situation, you shall have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data, but only if such processing finds its legal basis in a legitimate interest. There is no right to object to data processed under an agreement or legal obligations.
To submit your request, please send an email to email@example.com
Clearly state the reason for your request.